Cleveland County Abuse Prevention Council serves as a bridge between being a victim to becoming a survivor of domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, homelessness and homemaker displacement through the provision of safe shelter, advocacy, support services, and preventive education.
APC Services 2013-2014
- 5647 night stays were provided for 349 women and children for an average daily occupancy of 15 individuals during the 2013-2014 program year.
- 324 individuals were seeking shelter because of domestic violence. 116 of those were children.
Non shelter Domestic Violence Services
- Counseling services were provided for 337 clients.
- 546 clients were assisted by the Court Advocate
Non shelter Sexual Assault Services
- Counseling services were provided for 139 clients
- 31 clients were assisted by the Court Advocate