Cleveland County Abuse Prevention Council, Inc.
Part Time: $11.00 hour – 24 – 30 hours a week. – Overnight and/or weekends
Minimum Qualifications: High School or GED required. Because this is an overnight position at a women’s shelter we can only consider female applicants. Ability to respond to emergencies on crisis line and in shelter; provide non-judgmental support to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and homeless women and children; maintain detailed client records; provide light cleaning; and work overnight shifts.
- Answer crisis lines making appropriate referrals for services needed.
- Provide crisis intervention, advocacy, emotional support, information and referral and follow up services to victims of sexual assault and domestic violence
- Respond in a caring, informative and non-judgmental manner
- Provide support to in-shelter residents
- House Management
- Conduct nightly cleaning duties informing supervisor of supply or maintenance needs
- Respectfully provide coaching and feedback as needed for clients about maintaining their living area
- Ensure that all safety measures are followed
- Arm the alarm system according to policy
- Ensure house guidelines are followed
- Accept and store all donations
- Complete all client records and agency statistical forms as assigned
- All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director