The Counseling Program at APC provides professional counseling services to meet the needs of adult and teen victims who have experienced:
- Domestic/Dating Violence
- Rape/Sexual Assault
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Bystander Classes (for adult caregivers of children who have been sexually abused)
Individual therapy and groups assist victims as they make the transition from victim to survivor and from survivor to thriver.
No one deserves to be abused. Through group and individual therapy victims of domestic/dating violence can receive support and feedback as they focus on issues such as:
- Increasing their own safety and the safety of their children
- Increasing the control they have over their own lives (Empowerment)
- Recovery from the traumatic effects of abuse
- Learning to avoid involvement in future abusive relationships
- Exploring available legal, medical and therapeutic options
At APC, we are committed to providing affordable, professional counseling for adult and teen victims seeking help. For this reason the Counseling Program operates on a sliding fee scale. Session fees are determined by ability to pay based on individual income and current financial situation. No one will be refused counseling services due to an inability to pay.
*Counseling by appointment only